Finding Consciousness


Yoga Art Cards by Corinna Luyken on Etsy
(I find the coolest things when I look for an item to go with a post on Etsy!)

This is the year of consciousness. (Note that I am not, and will not, use the R word - those things are made to be broken).

What this means: I will be in touch with the Earth. I will honor her creatures (this is nothing new). I will dig in the earth and create nourishment for my family. I will eat organic food as much as possible, food that is grown nearby. I will meditate. I will blog and journal. I will be conscious of what I use and discard.

Nothing fosters consciousness for me as much as a regular practice of yoga and meditation, so I instituted that today. That old "lose weight" thing hasn't worked for me in the past, so here is my promise to myself: I will get stronger. That is all.

Happy New Year to you all, and may it bring you consciousness as well.

0 comments: